Wanted a new fall breakfast so I came up with these! They’re super quick, simple to whip up, and all healthy! I love crumbling them over greek yogurt as a better alternative to sugary granola. Enjoy! INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups rolled oats ¼ cup mashed ripe banana (1 banana) 2 tablespoon brown sugar A dash […]
Posts Tagged ‘Cookies’
These cookies are just as perfect as they sound. The best combination of an old fashioned chocolate chip cookie mixed with a summer classic, campfire s’more!
Just start by whipping up the cookie dough and throwing it in the fridge or freezer until it hardens up (depending on your patience level).
Next line a cookie tray with parchment paper and throw on your grahm crackers in neat rows.
Spoon out about a tablespoon of cookie dough on each grahm cracker and place them in the oven for about five minutes until they’re partially cooked. Then (optional) remove them and add on some extra chocolate by putting pieces of a Hershey’s bar or any other chocolate bar of your choice! Throw them back in the oven.
Et voila! Perfection!
Bring them to the next backyard BBQ, camping trip or bonfire and they’ll be gone in no time, trust me!
Yields about 3 dozen
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- (optional) 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
- 1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a Kitchen Aid/electric mixer, cream together butter, white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. I only had the large marshmellow so I simply cut them into quarters and it worked perfectly. Chill the dough in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight (I just threw it in the freezer for about 20 minutes and it worked fine).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie trays with parchment paper.
- Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible, adding or removing graham crackers according to how much dough you have. If you want your cookies thicker you will use more dough and less graham crackers. (But watch out for the grahm crackers can easily burn and leave the cookies underdone)
- Place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. Press down slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 5 minutes then (optional) remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar (or bar of choice) pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
- Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. Bake until the edges start to become golden brown. Move them to a cooling rack when done. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife. (I ended up not needing to cut mine seeing as the dough didn’t spill off of the grahm crackers.