Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2-3 TBSP maple syrup
- In a food processor combine the dates until they’re smooth(ish) and sticky. Then add the pecans, pumpkin and spices until you get a coarse ground consistency. You may need to add a tiny bit of water for the mixture to come together (Soak dates for easier blending).
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper (or grease with coconut oil)
- Press 1/2 the pumpkin/pecan mixture into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- Melt the cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup on low heat until they’re cobined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first pumpkin layer. Freeze again for 5-10 minutes (maybe longer if chocolate is warm)
- Then press the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and place the whole thing back in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once hardened and chilled, cut into bars and serve