Starbucks Frappaccino Cupcakes
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice) + 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Green Starbucks straws cut into thirds or quarters
- Printed Starbucks logo
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a splash of milk or water
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners.
- In a liquid measuring cup measure out non-dairy milk and the add vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl whip until creamy. Next add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well mixed and fluffy.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix, alternating with the almond milk mixture. Blend together until well combined.
- Divide evenly among cupcake holders filling until about 3/4 full.
- Bake on the middle rack at 350 for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean. They should be a light golden brown colour.
- With a glue gun, glue the printed and cut out mini Starbucks logos on the sides of the muffin wrappers. Let cool completely on a cooling rack before icing (I put mine in the freezer to speed up the process). Prepare the frosting while you wait.
- Grab a clean mixing bowl and Beat the softened butter until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and mix again.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing until thick and creamy. Drizzle in the milk or water in very small amounts at a time to thin it slightly. The icing should be fairly thick in order to hold its shape.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost them with an icing bag and large star or circular nozzle. Insert the straw (cutting the end on an angle makes it easier) and drizzle with caramel sauce (or strawberry/ chocolate sauce) and enjoy! Store leftover cupcakes in an airtight container (they last longer in the fridge).